Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Monday, Mayday etc

Last night I did end up catching LCD Sound System... who seemed like a mish mash of New Order and Gang of Four, I wasn't convinced to buy the Cd, but I did get the silver ink T-shirt...

In a minute I'm headed out to catch a Golden State Warrior's playoff game on TV at the cozy quasi sports bar known as the Connecticut Yankee...

and later I'm headed to that Teddybears STHLM gig I mentioned in my last post here over the weekend...

Today is of course May Day , International workers day and all that jazz

So I took the day mostly off... other than doing a lil banking & financial malarky, it being the first of the month and all... heck, I even talked to the landlord man...

But maybe ya noticed I ain't been a loyally posting blogger this month, cause most of my free time I've been busy mashing up a non paying career as a "Carto-Blographer"...

I've been building a messy multi layered map of San Francisco to create ,

Lil Mike's San Francisco Randomly Revelating Rock n Reeling Pop Cultural History Mystery Tour


A wild time traveling tour through 400 stops in the hilly city's streets with "The Wizard of Was"... You can zoom in tight on 8 pages of San Francisco maps detailing 50 sites each of little landmark locations of the city by the bay's lively music and vibrant subcultural history over the decadent decades. There's pages upon pages of info nuggets, both of dark and light varieties, served up sloppy and sweet in no particular order with ample samples of photographic evidence and occasional videos ... From the arcane to the profane. Enter @ Own Risk...... Get down and dirty and zoom in close to the layout so you can dig all the details, I've linked it up with over 400 footnotes on everything from architecture to famous arrests, historical landmarks Haight Ashbury days to Gold Rush, Punk Rock to Political Controversies... etc




click here to break the frame and see the map by itself

scroll around, visit the additional pages, and lemme know what ya think, it's work in progress of course, and I need to find a way to organize it alphabetically or something , but more on that soon...

anyhow

I'm feeling Gutterfly

well not really but ,
that's just a reference to the new Lifesavas disc on Quannum that dropped last week...

Here's the funky title track for ya, produced by the man known as Jumbo the Garbageman...

Lifesavas - Gutterfly

Gutterfly



from "Gutterfly"
by Lifesavas
Quannum Projects







One more for the road...

Here's a new sad track from the evocative Canadian lady known has Feist whose new album recorded in Toronto and Paris has finally dropped earlier today...

It's called The Water and is from the disc entitled The Reminder, the major label distributed follow up to her previous acclaimed indie effort Let It Die...

Feist - The Water

The Reminder


from "The Reminder"



by Feist

on the
Arts & Crafts label



    More On The Feist Album

    gotta go ...

    No comments: