Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Let's Do It...Halloween Bubble

I don't have a whole lot of news to report tonight

I mean there's plenty going on...

and basically i could blather on & on if I had time

but I'm in a Halloween bubble

that's passing like gas in the night...

so I thought i'd quickly share 5 frickin' tracks for all you trick or treaters who are trolling the web tonight

me ...

I'm outta here

lotsa parties & mayhem to attend to...

amongst the stops...

Barfeeders & Hightower are playing down the road...

I've also got a friend in town who I need to meet for a drink...

hmmm

you... apparently not so much

and that scares me...

so enjoy these...

a
here's a live cut from a dead man's band...

Possibly recorded on the night Geffen Records flew a junkie whore named Courtney Love out to the Metro in Chicago with a backstage pass to torture a young musician who was coming up in the world

Nirvana - Floyd The Barber

anyhow... that's enough of that

here's Joan jett who'll be in town later this week with Queens Of The Stoneage...

This is a Cole Porter tune taken from a soundtrack album that was somehow curated by the afforementioned Courtney beast...

however fortunately she stayed out of the studio and they let my old pal Brian Baker from Minor Threat & Bad Religion handle six string duties along with those vocals lent by Mr. Paul Westerberg of The Replacements...

that's show biz value folks!!!

nice!!

like the song says "let's fall In Love... and I do everytime I hear this one...

Joan Jett & Paul Westerberg w/ Brian Baker- Let's Do It! Let's Fall In Love

I guess one more cover is order... this one was originally a hit for the Grass Roots, a pop band from the late 60's and early 70's that had a string of great AM radio hits...

here's one of their best, as done in that cutesy way by Juliana Hatfield with her 80's era band The Blake Babies

Blake Babies - Temptation Eyes

lyrics for

"Temptation Eyes"

(As recorded by the Grass Roots)
DAN WALSH
HARVEY PRICE

She's got something that moves my soul
And she knows I'd love to love her
But she lets me down every time, can't make her mind
She's no one's lover
Tonight with me she'll be so inviting
I want her all for myself, aw

Temptation eyes, looking through my mind, my soul
Temptation eyes, you've got to love me, got to love me tonight
Got to love me baby yeah, mm

Oh wild-eyed innocence is just a game
But just the same my head is spinning
She's got a way to keep me on her side, it's just a ride
It's never ending
Tonight with me she'll be so exciting
I want her all for myself, oh

Temptation eyes, looking through my mind, my soul
Temptation eyes, you've got to love me, got to love me tonight
Can you feel it now.

Tonight with me she'll be so exciting, I want her all for myself, oh
Temptation eyes, looking through my mind, my soul
Temptation eyes, you've got to love me, got to love me tonight
Temptation eyes, looking through my mind, my soul
Temptation eyes, come on and love me, love me tonight.

(c) Copyright 1971 by Unart Music Corporation.


and howz about we close with some real 60's oldies from the UK rawk & skwawk scene

this track is a live doozy featuring ol' Roy Wood from 1968...

The Move - Stephanie Knows Who

another studio one from about the same era


Small Faces - My Bubble

have a great Halloween kids...

No comments: