Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Memory Almost Failed...

Tuesday as you may have realized, is Paul McCartney's first as an indie act...




At least since the Beatles were on Vee-Jay briefly stateside in the early 60's...

He even played a record release party at a small-ish 500 head venue called the Electric Ballroom in London to celebrate the occasion




Of course his indie label is owned by Starbucks...so that's not exactly selling discs from the truck of a car...




I was looking around on Emusic today and noticed that they had got on the new Paul McCartney album release bandwagon as well today...

No $16 digi-pack CD , but high bitrate DRM free mp3s, the whole album for about what a drink at Starbucks sets ya back...while I-Tunes is jacking .99 a song, and is not offering this release DRM free go figger...








The album is produced by David Kahne, who brought you Sublime's major label debut 10 years back that had the "What I Got" single. Kahne has also worked on hits for Sugar Ray, Tony Bennett, Cher, Shawn Colvin, Bruce Springsteen, The Bangles, Fishbone, The Strokes, Sean Lennon and got his start as a producer at SF's Hyde Street Studios, and at 415 Records.

My fave Mac track so far was the short lil' howling rabble rouser tacked onto the end

Nod Your Head...

Paul Mc Cartney - Nod Your Head



I got on the bandwagon a bit late for Cheap Trick's 40th anniversary Tribute to the Beatles Sgt Pepper's album...


All the good up front, & box type seats were taken, so here's my bench seat at the Hollywood Bowl this August. I'm sure I'll be fine with it...





I'm really excited to see the Sgt Pepper album performed live, and figure who needs Paul McCartney, when ya got Robin Zander. I'd post some Cheap Trick doing stuff from Sgy Pepper but it looks like I've got them doing Daytripper, Magical Mystery Tour, John Lennon's Cold Turkey and just can't find anything from Rockford's finest from the Beatles landmark psychedelic '67 masterpiece...

so here get these instead...

First my 7 yr old niece singing Strawberyy Fields Forever with the Ventures

Arianna vs Ventures - Strawberry Fields Forever

and a track ya can get off of Amy Winehouse's debut CD "Frank"


Amy Winehouse - There Is No Greater Love

it's a $25 or so import here until Universal gets it issued without import tariffs stateside finally in the fall...

Pssst...If ya want Frank by Amy Winehouse now, I suggest the Canadian import version for just about $12 right now here

oh and don't forget...

Pssst... Click Here To Get eMusic's FREE MP3 Daily Download!

No comments: