Monday, June 02, 2008

What? You Didn't Know Bo?

I saw the headlines this morning annoucing the death of the great Bo Diddley...




I shouldn't be posting right now, because I have plenty of other business to attend too, but out of respect to the esteemed Mr. Diddley ( aka Elias McDaniel) and his incredible legacy, I felt at least compelled to offer a brief shout out.

79 years of rock n roll is no small matter folks...

Bo Diddley - Rock n Roll

Bo was indeed the man, and he'd be the first to let ya know...

Bo Diddley - I'm Bad

Bo Diddley - Do What I Say



Bo was never shy about telling his own legend, or later on about who'd ripped him off over the years...or stolen his beats and licks.

In fact I have an eighties drum machine track where he proclaims himself the founder of Hip Hop.

There is no doubt about what he meant to rock n roll...

and so many of his songs are classics, even if y'all are only familiar with a few, better believe it's all true...

Bo Diddley - Roadrunner (Live)

Bo Diddley - Crackin'Up




Unfortunately for y'all I'm in the bitter mode of battling a fkdup keyboard with broken spacebar, and Bill Gates' diabolical destructive to data Windows system and I can't access a lot of my music currently.

Tell ya what y'all...

With any luck

I'll be back with more in abit (hopefully)



unlike Bo...


No comments: