Friday, May 16, 2008

May 16

Today is May 16th

My ol' pals in Lagwagon have written a song and put it on their album Let's Talk About Feelings that has this date covered...

That sort of gets me off the literary hook I suppose

Lagwagon - May 16th

Not sure what Joey's distraught about...but somehwre under Dave's thunderclaps, and perhaps those dual guitars is a story with a meaning that will become apparent in any of the sonic gaps...

I haven't been updating the lil blog here much lately in case ye noticed...

I've had a lot of stuff going on, and not a lot of inspiration.

One of the things taking wind out of my sails recently was the painful way I've had to say goodbye to two of my closest friends recently.

Two guys I've known for nearly twenty years...

are finito, dead, gone.

Both died in my arms over the past two weeks... my cats.

About a week ago or so Cho Cho, the 18 year old gay siamese cat took ill suddenly and was gone within a couple days.

He stopped eating and drinking, went limp and the vets couldn't explain any of it.


Then just as Cho Cho was sent off for cremation, the other cat started showing the same symptoms...

So lasterday after keeping him alive with subcutaneous fluid injections, and eye dropper feedings of liquid diet, Cho Cho's roommate, 19 year old Little Ricky, just couldn't takle the 98 degree heat...

After days of agonizing, I had to take him down to the vet for some euthanasia... and $300 later I had a dead cat in my arms...


Goodbye Ricky... He fought off kicking ghetto kids in the SF projects, racoons in the hills of Sonoma, and dogs in Oakland... and even used to help me put up flyers...


i'm not sure if it was some poisoned canned food or what, but these guys weren't in that bad of health... and then blammo!

I watched the grim reaper take the life out of these good little boys...

Entrance - Grim Reaper Blues

Prayer of DeathEntrance
"Grim Reaper Blues" (mp3)
from "Prayer of Death"
(Tee Pee Records)

Buy at iTunes Music Store
Buy at eMusic
Buy at Amazon
More On This Album



Anyhow...

we'll keep this Friday 5 mournful mix moving along ...

I've already bought a ticket for Motorhead this summer, and word is they're just along for the ride on a bill with Dio fronting Black Sabbath, and Judas priest with Halford back at the helm...

I'll be wearing black I suppose...

Motorhead - Killed By Death ( live from the 1985 Motorhead 10th Birthday Party at the Hammersmith Odeon )

Judas Priest - Beyond The Realms of Death ( live in Denver 1980 )

and we'll wrap up today with a track from a 1991 demo made on a 4 track cassette machine in a moldy basement on Harrison St in San Francisco. The song later appeared in a more sonically enhanced version produced by Bill Laswell on this band's major label debut...

I also helped write the last verse of the lyrics after the bridge... check it out


Bomb - All My References Are Dead ( from the Sex Kiss Cage Demo, the Bill Laswell produced major label released version available on the Hate Fed Love album on iTunes )

More Bomb info at http://www.hitsofacid.com

You could also download plenty of their indie back catalog at eMusic



The major label release hate Fed Love, is now up at Amazon, preview it here

No comments: