Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Scrapbook : Political Soundclashes & Video Freeware

Hmmm....

Looks like the most recent returns show Barack Obama with Hilary backed into a corner, and the Clinton's are rearranging the deck chairs...





Tonight is the increasingly irrelevant spectacle of the Grammy awards...

As if to prove this, here's actual nominees the Shins doing the "Boy-Band" photo op thing, ...




The awards are not even immune from primary fever, and somehow presidential aspirant Barack Obama was a Grammy winner, again...

It's his second audio book, and his second Grammy award winner...


The Audacity of Hope


Download all 6 hours and 10 minutes of his ranting by clicking the pic at eMusic







I hear Amy Winehouse, who has 6 nominations, will be appearing via satellite...

and she apparently won something already...





I think I may just skip on over to the Rickshaw Stop here in SF to catch Bedouin Soundclash instead...

I was always partial to this version of "Waiting For My Ruca" on the Sublime tribute album "Look At All The Love That We Found" awhile back...

Bedouin Soundclash - Waiting For My Ruca

Here's a couple more from 'em

They are on a trek through the US this month, so keep yer eyes peeled kids


Bedouin Soundclash - When The Night Feels My Song

Bedouin Soundclash - Gyasi Went Home

both of these last two songs songs were from their 2004 release "Sounding A Mosaic", they have a 2007 release called "Street Gospels" but I didn't have any of that handy...



When I have a minute, I've been messing about with some video editing lately...

here's a couple recent vids I've posted on the You Tube fer yer enjoyment...

This one is a mini-doc on my pal Kal...

He's a San Francisco based founder of kinetic pyro performance pranksters The Seemen. Beginning with a clip shot in Austin TX from Richard Linklater's cult classic "Slacker", we enter Kal's offbeat artistic world. Enjoy some interviews and footage from the late 1990's of Kal's SRL inspired interactive fire spewing toys from "Machines for Removing Desires". There's a bit ofan interview with Dana King on "CBS Eye to Eye with Connie Chung", and even an obscure Russian TV show.

I guess the Russian tv show is obscure to me, but some 5 million people saw this when it aired.

You'll basically get a glimpse of the man, his machines and bits of the philosophy behind his performances. Footage includes interviews from his Butchertown live/workspace and The Lab. It runs about 7 minutes I think...




I have a love hate relationship with video editing...

It's oft a tedious, time consuming process, and generally no matter the computer I attempt to muck about with, the processing power can be lacking, and my Adobe software isn't the latest version...but I'll be damned if I'm gonna go dump a few more G's to keep up.

Whenever I do, I get outmoded just as fast...

But I recently came across a little freeware solution, that does some basic stuff for those that would like to make a go of it without spending $4-$5 grand like I did stupidly a few years ago...

Here's a little app for cutting up files quickly that was just released

Free-Video-Dub.htm

anyhow

I've got a lot of stuff to do tonight

see ya

No comments: