Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cursed Halloween In The Ambulance On The Way To The Drunk Hospital

So last night in San Francisco, amidst a sea of boys dressed like girls and ghouls, and girls dressed like Playboy Bunnies, a buncha juveniles with no common sense, but armed with guns started shooting near the Castro during Halloween.

I was down the street avoiding all the dangerous gawker types, bridge & tunnel fools, and goo gawwing yee haws...

So I kinda knew better than to enter the fray...

call me wise,

or chicken shit ...

either way...

I didn't have time for it...and that's sad, because i have time for all kinds of other bullshit...

like taking these pix...







as for the deranged onslaught of violent youths...

It sadly is not surprising...

a few years ago the neighborhood revellers who are less 7 less from the neighborhood were interrupted with a knife attack by some kids who came in from "bad neighborhoods" for trouble making...

I got some bad vibes from thugs on the street on my way around last night and i was just wearing a clown nose...

Despite the so called vigilance & best efforts of police & neighborhood organizers, the bottlenecking of people going in and out of the event is where the shooting occured.

I notice that the shooting also occcured relatively early, in fact just after the music was turned off and police started making announcemnets to go home...

wonder if just letting people go about their partying like years ago would have helped... I mean would any of this happened if the event was less "controlled"?

Who knows...

the fact is

times have changed... and kids have guns.

Great...

maybe old people like me should be armed now too?

Actually my instincts are too just avoid large crowds...

and so i did last night...

after a bit of running about, I retired to adult landia to catch some live bands South of Market at the 21+ sanctuary of Annie's Social Club...

Hightower - Force & The Fury

Red Fang - Murder The Mountains

Barfeeders - Solar

Ironically the night before I got to see my pal Cecil from the Barfeeders get presented with an award from local supervisor Chris Daly



After that a lil trek across town...

I returned to merry making...

or something like that...

I soon came back to the mission and saw the streams of bleary eyed Halloweeners coming in from the Castro district down 17th...

I was safely tucked into a local bar...at a sorta door person controlled private party, hanging out with old friends...and keeping busy with booze, and buddies and not worrying about the guy gettting pummeled outside by two skateboarding thugs into a bloody pulp...

although I heard about it...later

Anyhow...

Last year at the same bar I hung out in a corner with my pal Bone Cootes

this year I did not...maybe he knew the night would be Cursed...

Bone Cootes - Cursed

Tonight, when I hit the streets for my Wednesday night nightcap, I'll ask him where he was hiding...




oh yeah, here's one more from local Bay Area noisemaking faves Drunk Horse...

Download
Drunk Horse - Strange Transgressors

In Tongues

In Tongues

Drunk Horse

Tee Pee Records




anyhow

if ya need me this weekend

I'm gone

headed to LA

so see ya

oh yeah almost forgot...


p.s congrats to those busy beees at Last.fm for getting it all together!!! awesome!!! and awesome most of all , everything is mostly frickin free!!

No comments: