Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Sugarcube's Playing Bette Davis Eye Tricks Alone Again Or...

Yo

happy Hump day y'all...

I'm busy ... gotta design & upload a postcard for a pub party thang, hit the south bay all day for three seperate promo jobs, and get back into the city for my night shift etc...

and go visit my fave bartender at The Connecticut Yankee

so I'm just gonna drop right into it here... time's a wasting...

no punchy prose within, so no whiners...

especially pudgy kids in PA who are cluttering up the comments recently claiming I linked to "their" files or something...

sheeeesh...(like they ever made anything more creative than caca in their diaper)

yo... here's the dealio: if you don't want us to have at it, then don't leave it laying around on the world wide web baby beeeotch...

when you get off the fat ass and actually compose something more entertaining than a simple sentence... and you have copyrights and a career , then we'll consider yer whining to be legit...

but ripping & linking up some old Billy Idol & XTC tracks doesn't make you their owner genius...


anyhow,

A few weekends ago I got a chance to catch the migthy crafty Calexico live...

I was surprised how well the large, mostly unfamiliar audience received them at a large outdoor daytime street festival thang...

When yer playing to the bleachers & boucing beachball crowd, you obviously can't be as subdued and moody as yer CD versions are. A few years back I toured the studio where they recorded a lot of their early stuff, and i can understand why they mighta been more depressed back then. It's amazing what a change of venue, leaving Howe Gelb back in Tucson and earning some extra dough will do for some guys...

This song here was a cover they performed and dedicated to the late Arthur Lee & Love, and it was a real highlight of the set...

at least for my 7 year old niece who was jammed up against the barricades...

Calexico - Alone Again Or




Saw that everyone's fave Swan wearer Bjork is doing a Sugarcube's reunion...

Looks like a hometown crowd sorta thing, since it is so far only scheduled for Reykjavik on November 17, some 14 years since they called it quits.

The show marks the twentieth anniversary of the band's debut single 'Birthday';

Here's a different oldies I suppose so you can understand what you'll be missing

Sugarcubes - Gold


But if Bjork were to keep baller status as my fave early 90's performer ... she'd have to really stretch ... not be so experimentally high falutin & imcomprehensibly Icelandic...

beeeotch coulda spent more time hanging in icehouses in Houston

know what i mean...

I was always hoping Bjork & Bushwick Bill woulda done some duets or something, that woulda cemented her street cred...

Ghetto Boys - My Mind's Playing Tricks On Me ( Inst)

speaking of interesting Eyeball related music...


oh , remember this lil ditty, the 2nd most popular song of 1981.... just a couple winks behind Olivia Newton John's Physical...

Chasin' Wild Trains

Kim Carnes -Bette Davis Eyes (Acoustic Version)


A bonus cut from her most recent CD "Chasin' Wild Trains"

Corazong Records


I got no real rhyme or reason for the next batch of hits I am tossing you tossers

so just make up your own reason to enjoy em...Hey, I Feel The Love...

But Is this how Donna Summer woulda wanted it?

All post-rawk ironic with a New York meets Ohio sheen...

Cobra Verde - I Feel Love



Giorgio Moroder, eat your sequencer out baby...



Oh, pssst just a reminder, here's some cool stuff I think you forgot to download that I posted recently... get on it before it's gone daddy gone...

Mark Curry's Hell House Band - Cut 'Em Up (Feat. El Hefe)

Dr.John - Food For Thot

Me First & The Gimme Gimmes - Goodbye Earl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some popular MP3s blogs stance on MP3 hotlinking...

http://areyoufamiliar.blogspot.com/2005/12/i-scare-little-kids.html

http://touchthatdial.com/2005/09/29/yahoo-is-run-by-douche-bags/

http://clevertitlesaresolastsummer.blogspot.com/
(read their disclaimer)

http://prewarblues.org/2005/03/do-not-hotlink-my-files/

Yeah...I'm the one that's out of touch. Oh, and the fat joke was AWESOME, thanks for that.