Saturday, August 19, 2006

JuJu Dub & Puff n Stuff

Weekend warrior reports in for a briefing:

Last night I had nearly no concerns, just let my mind wander (as well as my physical being) onto an island...







That island being the mysterious & exotic nation of of Alameda...

note: all photos of this Alameda adventure shamelessly stolen from Flickr since i didn't bring my own picture taking device

Where I spent hours just bumber banging, flippering, bleeping, dinging, tilting and whatnot at the Lucky Ju Ju Pinball Gallery...

I don't want to hype it anymore than necessary, because if you show up next time, there might not be plenty of room in the mini fridge for my brews.



Let's just say that no waiting for a Bally Fireball Machine is a good thing, and I don't want to f%$k that up...so y'all stay away. Do not go to The Lucky Ju Ju Pinball Gallery, or eat across the street at the sushi joint for that matter. I need my space... not MySpace. You can have MySpace, I am claiming west Alameda for my Tribe...


Other Things that concern me today:


Getting The Linksys WPS54G wireless print server configured and working. Apparently I am not alone in my concerns... Some web forums reveal near universal frustrations, multiple hours on the phone with tech support etc.

hmmm... I'll get back to you on that one.

Oh wait... success... brought the damn thing back from the dead, must be some Comatose Luck

Xploding Plastix - Comatose Luck

here enjoy a video clip I shot & edited a few years ago of the Extra Action Marching Band




and since ya passed that test...

I'll throw in some more trashy tuneage to take ya home...

Aampirellas - Pinball Superstar

and one last Pinball related track up from a Warner Bros Music Publishing sampler, a marching band version of The Who's best known track from Tommy.

Marching Band - Pinball Wizard

now, how about we end it all with a lil Dub and related stuff today for ya


King Tubby - Dub On My Mind

here's a uk grime hip hop / ska mash up of sorts

THE SPECIALS remix FT RIFF RAFF "GHOST TOWN"
THE SPECIALS remix...


I guess this one is part dub, part mash up / remix , whatever it is...y'all might just dig it...

Bill Withers - vs Grievious Angel - Ain't No Sunshine

the next one up from Grievious Angel is a 2004 era remix of an old Niney The Observer track



Grievious Angel vs Niney The Observer - Blood & Fire ( More Fire Junglist Dub Mix)


the next two are a couple similar sorta sonic excercises from a Dutch dub crew

Twilight Circus Dub Sound System - w/ Ranking Joe Don't Follow Babylon


DJ Spooky - Cybernetique Twiligh Circus Remix

No comments: